Thursday, April 22, 2021

Tenet - 2 nominations

 

Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Andrew Jackson 
David Lee 
Andrew Lockley 
Scott R. Fisher 
Best Achievement in Production Design
Nathan Crowley (production design) 
Kathy Lucas (set decoration) 

How I would love to be able to summarize this movie for you.  There's something with international espionage and trying to save the world.  Tenet is the organization trying to save the world, and the recruited agent literally named, "The Protagonist" learns about time manipulation and needs to identify who is trying to destroy the world and how... I think.  Frankly, I watched the whole film intently and I still don't really know what to say about it.  It's not that the film is unfollowable, but being able to describe it in the aftermath is almost impossible without some sort of degree in some advanced science subject.  The film is a journey and while you watch it, there are many moments that you feel like you missed a leg of the trip.

If you're a big fans of big visual effects films, I think you'll like this one.  It's exciting and action packed, but good luck explaining the film to others after you see it.  I think this is the first time in the history of the blog that I literally have no idea how to describe a film to you.  Will you be able to follow it while watching?  Maybe.  My favorite thing is to talk about movies with other people, and I just couldn't even start with this one.  Best of luck.

Watch the trailer here.









No comments:

Post a Comment