Saturday, February 18, 2023

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On - 1 nomination

 



Let's start here, I'm almost sure that when I complete my top 10 favorite films of 2022, Marcel the Shell is going to take my number one spot. I went to see it by myself because I was so excited for the film (and I had only watched the YouTube videos in preparation to see the film, I was not aware of the series prior to the movie preview coming out).  It paid off. Big time. While Pinocchio is (for some reason) getting all of the Oscars buzz, this film was BY FAR my favorite of the animated feature nominees.

Marcel lives in a huge house with his grandmother, Connie.  He has an incredibly robust life and an incredible imagination. He is possibly the most charming lead character in all of the films put out last year, and that includes anything that Brad Pitt ever did, so you know it's a high bar.  He is kind, thoughtful, playful, and full of wonderment.  When a documentarian air b&b's the house Marcel and Connie live in, he begins filming Marcel and learns that on a night when the owners of the house were splitting up, Marcel's whole family other than Connie were taken along but accidentally, Marcel and Connie were left behind. When the documentarian posts the interview on social media, the whole world gathers to help Marcel find his family.

Not gonna lie, I shed a little tear watching this beautiful film. I recommend the YouTube series just to captivate your heart and join the millions who love Marcel, then see the film. If you only have time or inclination to see two or three of the nominated films, make sure that Marcel the Shell With Shoes On is one of them. 


Here's a link to one of the Marcel YouTube videos.








No comments:

Post a Comment